Patrick Grant is a London-based, award winning owner and designer for the luxury menswear brands Norton & Sons and E. Tautz. He's also a regular on popular lists of best dressed men and an honorary Professor of business at Glasgow Caledonian University.
Despite not having a background in fashion, Patrick's role in The Great British Sewing Bee is equally important to that of May Martin who relies on his sense of balance and line for judging the contestants
Patrick Grant was born in Edinburgh and attended the Edinburgh Academy and Barnard Castle School before receiving a BEng in Materials Science and Engineering from Leeds University and an MBA from Saïd Business School, Oxford University.
His interest in old fashioned British brands began as a boy; his father often wore these and when they no longer fit, they were handed down to him. Patrick had a partciular fondness for the suits.
He was working for Bookham Technology as an Engineer when he discovered the Saville Row tailor Norton & Sons was being offered for sale. To afford the company, he had to sell his house and car, take voluntary redundancy from Bookham, and seek out investors including his boss.
Since purchasing the company, he has revived the rtw labels E. Tautz & Sons and Hammond & Co. He has also been awarded the British Fashion Council's Menswear Designer of the year in 2010 and Fashion Forward award in 2012.
Did they receive any awards or do something particularly special?
What do they got up to outside of the Bee?
- Various interesting facts
- especially those regarding the series, but not found in an episode.
Please make reference to any information sourced outside of the television series itself. Use the Cite feature's help page for guidance.
- ↑ http://www.gcu.ac.uk/gsbs/newsevents/news/article.php?id=58878
- ↑ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2297051/After-Bake-Offs-success-The-Great-British-Sewing-Bee-revive-fortunes-traditional-craft-predict-shows-judges.html
- ↑ http://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/fashion/tailor_patrick_grant_reveals_how_hibs_fans_helped_inspire_a_clothes_passion_1_1231092